CATS All Access Pass
Cats all access pass
Your CATS all-access transit pass includes unlimited, fare-free rides on the CATS LYNX light rail, streetcar, Special Transportation Service (STS), local and express bus routes.
Getting your CATS pass
- Your CATS all-access transit pass is granted through permissions added to your 49er ID card.
- Once you have paid the charge, your pass will be activated within 5 days to allow you to tap your card to ride on CATS buses and will show you as a paid customer if checked on the Light Rail.
Purchasing your CATS pass
- Purchase your pass through your MyPark account (the same system through which you may have purchased your parking permit).
- Pass Cost: $25 per semester
- Sorry, there are no refunds on the CATS pass, and we cannot prorate the charge for portions of the semester.
- It will take up to 5 days for your 49er ID Card to be activated.
How to use your pass
- Your 49er ID card will serve as your ticket for all transportation methods. Just show and go on the train and tap and go on the bus. It may take up to five business days for passes to become active on newly issued or reissued 49er ID cards.
- More information on the light rail schedule and bus schedules is available on the CATS website.
- Note: Riding the light rail or CATS buses without a paid pass or sharing a pass can result in a $50 fine by the city, subject you to the UNC Charlotte code of conduct, and loss of privileges.
- Contact the PaTS Communication Center at 704-687-0161 or email@example.com if you have any questions..