49erNext is a guaranteed admission program for select community college students who plan to transfer to UNC Charlotte to pursue a bachelor’s degree.
- The 49erNext program is only available to first time, full-time community college students (students who have not yet taken any courses after high school).
- This unique program promotes student success by offering collaborative advising that helps students progress toward timely degree completion, coordinated financial aid processes, career advising, and opportunities to develop financial literacy skills.
- In addition to the student services you will receive at the community college, you will also be able to take advantage of the UNC Charlotte services and benefits shown on this website.
- 49erNext students are guaranteed admission at UNC Charlotte after completing an eligible associate degree with the required GPA.
To be eligible for 49erNext interested students must:
- Attend a community college that participates in the 49erNext program
- Have earned a high school diploma, or equivalent
- Be pursuing an Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Engineering, Associate in Fine Arts*, Associate in Arts – Teacher Prep*, or Associate in Science – Teacher Prep*
- Have earned 15 or fewer credit hours at the community college where they intend to enroll in the program, with no prior transfer credits
- Intend to pursue a major offered at UNC Charlotte, with the exception of architecture, fine or performing arts, graphic design, and nursing
*UNC Charlotte recognizes these degrees as transferable associate degrees and will award a general education waiver. Please consult with your community college academic advisor to determine the best associate degree fit for the most streamlined path to Charlotte.
Students will remain enrolled within 49erNext through the completion of their associate degree at their participating community college. Failure to meet the below requirements may result in removal from the 49erNext program if:
- A cumulative GPA is below 2.0 after two semesters
- Reapplication is required to reenroll at the community college
- Not progressing within approved transferable associate degree
Participating Community Colleges
The 49erNext program is currently available at these community colleges. Learn more about applying, eligibility, and benefits on their websites.
Ready to submit your 49erNext application?
Email us at email@example.com